Wednesday, July 21, 2010

stuffy heads and oversleep

I've basically been on track with volume since last week, but Door County with it's wet, cooler weather brought on what appears to be a summer cold.  I'm trying not to panic, since it's mild, but I've had to scale back some of my volume.  My longest ride in Door County was three and a half hours, 64 miles rather than the 80+ I was hoping for, but really, rest is the most important thing this year.  My long broken run worked alright.  i went out and did thirty minutes, then a few hours later i did 2 hours on some of my favorite trails in Newport State Park. 
Now that I'm back in Oak Park my body is adjusting to the heat/humidity and overstimulation that is my regular life.  I hardly slept last night, so had to cancel swimming. Now to arrange a long run during the heat of the morning....17 more days until i leave Oak Park and say goodbye to volume goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment