seven weeks left until ironman canada and here i am working through my ironman lite training program. things are getting a little busy and a little crowded so i thought i'd post my remaining oak park workouts so my buddies will join me! Today's 6AM ride was nice, but a bit lonely.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Almost Bee Sting
Probably four or five times in my lifetime I have literally smashed into a bee mid cycling ride. Yesterday some little critter slammed right into my neck after I had ridden up Madison hill and was nearly at Wolf Road. The little guy escaped a full sting experience, but I instantly knew that I was going to suffer the repercussions, as i am quite sensitive to bee stings. Sure enough, I am sitting here, nearly twenty four hours later, icing a mysterious wound that has become itchy and puffy. Another sure sign of late summer and late ironman training. By this point, the effort has very little to do with fitness. As EP says, it's all about execution. So, from here on out, it's how I manage what I've got and not make any silly mistakes. Yesterday after a long, slow, 100, i was savvy enough to stop at the Ryan carbo load station. Good idea, because it launched me onto the sort of slow and long recovery that i desperately need these days. Sat on the couch and ate giant plate of food by the time I got home, then off to Lincoln Park for Addie's birthday celebration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment