Thursday, August 5, 2010

Crash!

Well, the message this week is....stop training....now....whether I want to or not! Went for one last long ride this morning w/the guys and jack smashed into a stanchion that was marking a sinkhole. as i swerved to get around him i flipped also, landing on hip, knee, elbows, no contact on shoulders or head I'm so happy.  Poor Jack has broken clavicle.  I made it out in great form, but i sure am missing my last week of training. Oh well, 4 weeks of taper, it is the new karen, afterall.  Curt Warner at BikeFix is looking at my bike tonight, I called him in a pinch and he took me on, although he's leaving town tomorrow, also.  I never want to go down, but i'm quite sure I haven't fallen off my bike since 1984, so it sort of broke the taboo in my mind.  I'm still here, people crash, move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment