Saturday, August 28, 2010

friday night

Not, the Ironman MC, but she'd be great at it.
We decided to bag the whole IM dinner thing and post meal meeting in favor of Japanese restaurant and street festival that Penticton hosts every summer to celebrate Ironman.  We had a great time, although it's gotten cold around here, and I'm trying to factor temps in to my race dressing/special needs bag plans and all.  We noticed a dearth of Ironman types at the street festival.  They must have been out putting in one last ride on their bikes. and hand washing their compression socks.  Peter and I really want to cruise the expo and take a picture of the award winner for most tri-geeked out, but even we may not have the nerve to do that.  But really, it is always funny to descend upon a town and see everybody all glammed out in their gear and finishers clothing etc. etc...And by the way, just checked updated Wunderground for tomorrow: 20 degrees and clear!!!!! OK y'all, time for conversion time? that would be....68 degrees farenheit.  OK, so...if I can't handle this weather forecast, i don't know WHAT I can handle.  Good grief.  Of course, layering is a must and that's not easy to do on IM day, so we'll have to figure that one out.  But, I have most of the rest of today to worry about that....

No comments:

Post a Comment