Tuesday, August 17, 2010

You can take the woman out of suburbia, but you can't take suburbia out of the woman

is the floor brown? now, it's GREY!
I could live in this space!!!!
when a woman tapers in her own home, things tend to get VERY TIDY and VERY ORGANIZED.  So, what happens when a woman tapers about two thousand miles away from home?  Her car gets VERY TIDY and VERY CLEAN.  This is probably the best thing that has happened, just about ever.  After about three solid hours of vacuuming by hand with the rented rug doctor, I realized that there is a metaphor here....If I had shampooed this carpet once a year since we bought the vehicle, it wouldn't take two days to clean the interior.  But now, I have a deadline.  The RD is due tomorrow and I must move on to other activities.  Ironman is the same.  If I had put in a little more focus in say, march or april or even January or February, the challenges of July might not have been so great.   Oh....who am I kidding? I don't want to run twenty miles in February OR clean my car every year!!! Life is too hectic and the world is too harsh.  I'll take what I get, i suppose.  Meantime, I LOVE the way my car looks and feels.  New rule, for the time being: no crumbs, no gum, no coffee.  We'll see if these rules make it out of the state of Oregon.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see, you aren't the only one who drives the car; and you have children who aren't yet teenagers. I'm putting my money on the crumbs and coffee.

    ReplyDelete